BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 15, 2013

Regret



            “What is troubling you?”
                        “Nothing, only the council meeting.”
            “That is not true. You are weeping. I do not like to see you weep.”
                        “…I am not crying. I have not cried in all my years.”
            “There are tears now. Tell me what is wrong.”
                        “You know what is wrong; this thing has been plaguing us for days now, and the councilors cannot agree on anything. But that is not a reason to weep, now is it?”
            “It is her, is it not? She has slid these doubts, these guilts, into your mind, and you cannot extinguish them. It is hurting you.”
                        “It is doing nothing of the sort. I am a Sahvin, and my own woman. I would hardly allow her to trouble me.”
            “Look for him, and find his fate, or let him go. Do not allow her to continue playing – torturing – your mind like this. She is nothing.”
                        “…He is dead. I have let him go.” Second speaker exits.
            “No, you have not, and it hurts me to see you hurting.” 

0 comments: