I am hanging
below
the edge of a cliff
struggling
to climb back up
but slipping
and sliding
gaining little but
cuts a bruises
going nowhere on my own
Tears
fill my eyes
Somewhere
deep inside
I just want to
go Home
But I can't see it anymore
hidden by the cliff's edge
And I hurt
I hurt so, so much
And I think
how much easier
it would seem
to let go
My grip begins to loosen
responding to my thoughts
But my voice cries out
Broken by my sobs
As I lift my head
I see salvation
just above me
My Brother
has heard my pleas
All I have to do
is choose to take His hand
And he will lift me
with his strength
to safety
and to Home
But it will hurt
to stretch those few inches
It will hurt
to heal
But though
I might wonder
if it might hurt less
to let go
I can feel
My Brother's eyes;
He does not
want to watch me fall
Because He loves me
And because I love him
I will choose to take his hand
Friday, June 24, 2011
My Brother's Love
Posted by S.J. at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love this. A lot.
Framing it on my wall... with your permission of course :-)
Post a Comment