I am kja, Unclean. By right tradition, I should have been cleansed from the world in my infancy, but my father can be forgiven for keeping me, as I was all he had left. Fourteen days precisely before my birth, my father’s only son, and at that time, only child, a promising lad of twelve, died in an accident on Noachi’s Lake. It nearly crushed my father; his son was his pride. After the death, he turned all his hope and devotion to his lovely wife and unborn child. But the labor was a hard one, and three days later his wife followed her son to the star-filled halls. And after the loss of those most precious to him, how could he send his little one, though she be kja, after them? And so it was his grief that saved the life of his newborn daughter, it was his grief that led him mad, and for his grief can he be forgiven. But I have done the unforgivable, for I was born a cripple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment